Sorry, but not work without Java Script
Losonczy

© 2005-2018 Losonczy.com [v 1.3.2]

History of Losonczy

Losoncz (Lucenec) the City

Known as Losunc (1262), Lusunch (1271, 1277, 1280, 1299, 1335, 1385, 1696), Losunch (1275, 1386), Lochonch (1302, 1373, 1405, 1437), Luchunoch (1326, 1369), Lucens (1332), Luchonch (1336, 1395, 1373, 1405), Lochanch (1338), Lochunch (1340), Luchnunch (1342), Lwchwnch (1352), Losonch (1357, 1373, 1387), Lochonuch (1361), Luchench (1367), Lochnich (1376), Lochuch (1380), Lossoncz (1383, 1674, 1710), Lossunch (1387), Lochon (1393), Lwnoch (1405), Lossonch (1405), Losancz (1427), Loshunch (1440), Losonc (1440), Losoncz (1451, 1502, 1671, 1850, 1869, 1880), Lossoncz (1451, 1467, 1596), Losontz (1528, 1742), Lucenecz (1773), Lucenec (1786), Lucsenecz (1837), among the time, now belog to Slovak Republic.

The first historical and cultural occurrence from Losoncz dates back to the year 1128 of the construction of a chapel, then at the end of the 12th century a monastery was frected at a crossing of trading routes. The first written document about Lucenec dates back to August 3rd , 1247 of Luchunch, the letter of king Bela the IV. The town then entered in historical literature due to the "Battle of Lucenec" in the year of 1451, where the military forces of Jan Jiskra of Brandyz defeated the dominating army of Jan Hunyadi.

The heraldy of Losoncz is a story of a pelikan feeding its three young chicks with its own blood, this has been told since the 16th century.